Sunday, December 20, 2015

Balling Holidays On A Budget: Spending Time With Family

I recently teamed up with Personal Capital to help my readers during this holiday time. Everyone knows holiday time is crazy and you end up hemorrhaging money everywhere you go. Presents, Target, decorations, holiday activities, all that. I wanted to show you how to have some holiday fun but still keep your bank account in check. I don't know why but the coldest cities in the United States always end up having this outdoor holiday activities. At any rate I went to the ChristKindlMarket in Chicago. It a take on the outdoor traditional German markets. This market has heaps of traditional German food stands, cider and hot spiced wine, and shops for trinkets and decorations. 
The BEST part is, the admission to this event was FREE!
Now before we get into the photos, saving money starts from the beginning. I convinced my husband to come with me on this outing so we took public transportation. I promise it's seriously not as sketchy as some make it out to be. We jumped on the bus to the train station ....only a $2.50 ride. Then took the train downtown which was only a 25 cent transfer  so all in all just $3.00 to get to where we wanted to go. CHEAP AS HEYO!!! 
Anyway, we got there and it was packed, like you can barely move packed. Granted it was a Saturday so I am sure if you went during the week or later in the night, it wouldn't be so busy. 
Overall between the two of us and the snacks we bought plus the transportation fee, it only costs about $25 or less. Of course the food and drinks are the most expensive thing so if you want to avoid those costs then just eat ahead of time. FOR REAL though, parking in Chicago will cost you an arm, a kidney and seven toes.... probably not the big ones, but still. It will run you maybe $25 to park for a few hours.... ridiculous, so if you can manage, cut the hassle and cost and ride the train or bus. 

There was an excessive amount of people there but it was still a good time. I also ate a bomb pretzel .... so delicious. 

LOVE this overcoat.. it's from ZARA.. their coats always fit me so well.

Included my husband.. he let me dress him for this!! Pahaha a win for me!




They had some unique decorations for the holidays, but in the spirit of saving some cash, I didn't get anything. 

Again, these delicious snacks were on point!



Hope you enjoyed this post. That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment