Just sharing one of my most recent makeup looks. I also made this DIY choker necklace! Want to know how!?? Keep reading...don't get greedy...trying to find out straight away.. I see.....
LIST OF PRODUCTS:
1. Velvet ribbon from Joann Fabrics
2. Ribbon Clamps
3. Jump rings
4. Fastener + a necklace extender
5. Super glue or some kind of strong fabric glue
7. Needle nose pliers
1. Measure the ribbon around your neck ***here is a tip! cut the ribbon smaller than your neck size maybe 1/2 inch to 1 inch because we will attach a necklace extender and you can adjust it that way.
2. Using the lighter, burn the edges of the cut ribbon to seal the ends.
3. Add a little glue to one end of the ribbon.
4. Take a ribbon clamp that fits the size of the ribbon you chose, and clamp it to the end of the ribbon using the needle nose pliers.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 to the other end of the ribbon.
Both ends should have ribbon clamps on them now.
6. Take one jump ring and pry the two ends apart so you can loop it through the end of one ribbon clamp.
7. Attach the necklace extender with fastener to the other side of the ribbon fastener similarly to step 6.
This may take a bit of fiddling around with to get it right, but it's rather easy to make.
THERE YOU HAVE IT, your own choker necklace. Some may want to add charms to the middle as well. If you're one of those people, find the middle of the necklace where you want the charm and poke a hole through with a needle. Attach the charm with another jump ring. VOILA! Cheap and you can make as many as you want!
I feel like chokers used to be kind of gothic but I like to pair it with chic and sporty outfits. It adds a bit of a dramatic feel without the dramatic price tag.
I ended up making some for my sister and friends!
Thanks for reading!